You may be entitled to compensation and for an order
to have works carried out

  • Dampness or mould
  • Blocked drains
  • Poor brickwork and structural defects
  • Rotten windows
  • Damaged windows or doors
  • Damaged wallpaper, carpets or curtains
  • Leaking roof
  • Broken boiler or heating

You can claim for compensation and we can get a
court order to force your landlord to repair the property.

Whether your landlord is a private individual or a large corporation, whether you are in private rented accommodation or are a council or housing association tenant, your landlord has a legal duty to keep your property in a good state of repair.

You are entitled to decent accommodation, however much or little rent you pay.

We can claim for

  • Inconvenience
  • Personal injury
  • Damage to belongings
  • Ill Health (eg chest infection from damp)
  • A reduction or refund of rent
  • Other financial loss

As a tenant you have the right to live in a safe place in a reasonable state of repair

On a no-win no fee basis

Your landlord is responsible for:

  • The structure and exterior e.g. walls, roof, floors, window frames, pipes, garden path, and steps
  • Water pipes for baths, showers, toilets, drainage, and sinks
  • Gas pipes
  • Electrical wiring and electric sockets
  • Gas or electric fixed heaters
  • Keeping out of vermin e.g. mice and rats